RemnantMS
Login, or register.
RemnantMS
Login, or register.
RemnantMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis's GM Application

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ernster
Memory
Ernster

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Genesis's GM Application Empty
PostSubject: Genesis's GM Application   Genesis's GM Application EmptyApril 12th 2010, 9:55 pm

In Game Name: Genesis//Defrosted/Nightlord

TimeZone: - (GMT - 5:00) Eastern Time U.S & Canada

Email: I would prefer to keep private unless with Moderators/GM/Admins please.

How long have you played MapleStory?

I began playing GMS approximately 6 years ago, back when the early thanks-giving events were going on. Unfortunately, the farthest back evidence I have is about 4 years ago, due to hard-drive failures.

Do you have any GM Experience?

I was a Game Master for UglyMS for a period of six months. UglyMs Owner’s email available upon request.

What do you consider Hacking? And how would you prevent it?

To me, hacking is any unorthodox method used to gain unfair advantage over legit players. To prevent hacking, I’d become very close to the community to discourage the use of any hacking method, and would scan vital areas that could potentially be used to hack.

How dedicated are you to this server? And how long are you able to play per week?

I spent 1 week hopping from server to server, searching for one that provides the best enjoyable experience. Ever since I found Remnant on Ragezone forums, I’ve dedicated all my free time testing out the server, reporting bugs and learning the special qualities this server has. Starting April 12th, I’m able to be active from 4 P.M until 10 P.M EDT

How would you help the server and/or it's players?

I have noticed a demand for more active or user-friendly GMs. It is not to say that the current GMs aren't doing a good job, but with increasing players and questions, the current GMs haven't been able to meet the demands of all the players. I believe that by interacting more with our players and creating a better community, players would be encouraged to vote more, act appropriately and also enjoy Remnant to the max.

Are you able to code C++ or Java?

Unfortunately, I have never dedicated myself to Coding. I believe it’s an important skill to have, but have never been able to dedicate enough time into it.

What is your biggest setback or flaw?

I believe my impatience gets the better of me sometimes. When I’m dealing with really harsh players, it is hard to stay patient. Though I believe I have much better control over this due to my past experiences as a GM.

Why should we pick you out of the other applicants?

I’m the type of person that has to give everything 110% or I’m not satisfied. My ethics do not allow me to “Half-ass” any task placed upon me. My current GPA in honor classes is 4.0, verification available upon request. I handle serious situations maturely, but I can be a very social and friendly with everyone. I also know the limits to which my kindness must be extended.

Would you ban your friends or family if they were breaking the rules?

Yes, I don’t believe anyone has special privileges over others just because they’re known to a person with authority. It sounds cruel, but it is more cruel to be unfair with the legit users.

Additional Info:

I speak fluent Spanish.

I have friends that I plan on bringing into the server. Two have joined so far thanks to my recommendations.

My main characters in GMS (Bellocan) are :

ErniesNL (129 Night Lord)
Energized Bun (120 ThunderBreaker)
Ishume (146 Bishop)
Katathlipsis (132 Ice/Light Mage)
Cleric Ernie (85 Priest)
Bishop Ernie (63 Cleric)

Comments:

Sorry for the extensive application. I wasn’t sure how much is enough. I’d love to be part of the Remnant staff.

Last edited by Ernster on May 2nd 2010, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HinamoriAmu
HinamoriAmu

Female Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Genesis's GM Application   Genesis's GM Application EmptyApril 13th 2010, 4:26 am

Nice One Genesis not Bad ^^
Back to top Go down
CatMan
Game Moderator

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Genesis's GM Application   Genesis's GM Application EmptyApril 17th 2010, 10:21 pm

Best App ive seen on this forum XD
Back to top Go down
jiajinfox12

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Genesis's GM Application   Genesis's GM Application EmptyApril 19th 2010, 7:14 pm

Are you Korean? or Play KMS?
Back to top Go down
Ernster
Memory
Ernster

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Genesis's GM Application   Genesis's GM Application EmptyApril 21st 2010, 9:10 pm

I'm Cuban, and I don't play KMS, too much of a hassle to bypass IP restrictions from my region.
Back to top Go down
SuperMango
Banhammered
SuperMango

Female Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Genesis's GM Application   Genesis's GM Application EmptyApril 24th 2010, 8:21 am

Hassle right xD
Lmao.. good app, hope you will get the job, mate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis's GM Application   Genesis's GM Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Genesis's GM Application
Page 1 of 1